-by Mallory Leach, Licensed Esthetician
The stress of the holiday season and chilly weather can wreak havoc on the skin, triggering dullness, dryness, and discoloration, and also increasing fine lines and wrinkles. So staying of top of your skincare during the winter is important. Here are a few of my tips and favorite products to help keep my complexion glowing during the winter season.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliating and removing those dead, dull skin cells 2 to 3 times a week will instantly brighten your skin. I love our PCA Daily Exfoliant. It’s gentle enough that it won’t strip the skin or irritate it, leaving it hydrated and smooth.
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! We can’t stress this enough. These months of harsh weather and stress can dehydrate our skin. Hydrating our skin will add healthy plumpness to it. One of my favorite rich moisturizers is the Avene Revitalizing Nourishing Cream. It instantly nourishes skin, preventing water loss and maintaining a healthy skin barrier.
- Apply Sunscreen! Yes, even during the winter months. We are still exposed to UV rays, which also reflect off the snow. PCA Hydrator Plus is perfect for broadband protection but also keeps skin hydrated from the harsh, cold winds. I also love the Supergoop PLAY SPF Lip Balm. Our lips are very delicate and sensitive to the sun and cold weather. This will help protect them and lock in moisture.
- Get plenty of sleep! Getting a good amount of sleep is vital for healthy skin. I love the Revision DEJ Eye Cream to help with dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines that come from a lack of sleep.
- Don’t forget your body too. Hot showers and hot thermostat temperatures at home also contribute to dry skin. Apply Epionce Enriched Body Cream while skin is still damp to lock in moisture for longer-lasting hydration.
To learn more about the products mentioned, which are available at Q Med Spa, call 585.244.1010 to speak to a Spa Coordinator.
Leave a Reply