–by Emily Dory, Spa Coordinator
Whether you have a big event coming up, such as a wedding, a reunion or even a vacation, or a certain date in mind when you want to look your best, it’s important to plan out your spa appointments so that you can get the most out of both the treatment itself and the results. A majority of the treatments that we offer at Q Med Spa do not provide immediate results and often take a few days, weeks, or even months for the final outcome to be appreciated.
Don’t get stuck without optimal skin due to timing! Read on for a break down of when you should plan your appointments so you can enjoy and show off your skin at its best.
2 weeks before event | Peeling typically happens 3-5 days after a peel and can last up to a week. Once all the skin is exfoliated off, your skin will be smooth and glowing. You’ll want to wait 24 in between a peel and getting your hair colored, as water activates the self-neutralizing peel. You don’t want to put any active ingredients on your skin after, such as hair dye, as it could cause burning.
- IPL, BBL & ResurFX: 2 weeks before event | “Coffee ground” crusting and scabbing can last 4 days up to a week.
- Laser Hair Removal: 3-4 weeks before event | Some redness/pinkness can occur for 1-2 days, and the hair begins to fall out, or shed, in 5-14 days. If the area treated is going to have sun exposure, you should plan to have laser hair removal done 6 weeks before.
- Genius: 9-12 months before event | It takes about 4-5 months to complete a series of 3 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Full results are seen 5 months after the last treatment.
- Halo: 3-6 months before event | The initial healing process could take up to a week after treatment. Continued improvement occurs over time as collagen is produced, which plumps and smooths the area to help with acne scarring and the softening of lines. Patients could experience a “Halo Glow” 7-10 days after, but the full result occurs in 3-6 months.
- Botox: 4-6 weeks before event | Some clients come in for a 2 week follow up for any needed touch-ups, and it takes 2 weeks for the product to take effect. This follow up can be cancelled if you’re happy with the results, but if you’re preparing for an event, we make sure you have the appointment just so everything is exactly where it should be!
- Fillers: 4-6 weeks before event | Swelling and bruising can occur. It takes about 2 weeks for the product to settle, and planning ahead leaves time should any touch-ups be necessary.
3-6 months before event | Since Ultherapy uses the body’s own regenerative response to gradually restore memory to the skin and underlying tissue support by stimulating the growth of new collagen, results appear 3-6 months after treatment.
6 months before event (with consistent diet and exercise) | You must be at your goal weight for the Emsculpt treatment, as it will burn fat but it is not a weight loss treatment. It takes 1 month to complete the series of 4 treatments, which are spaced no more than 1 week apart.
If you have an event coming up this year that you want to be ready for, call our spa today at 585.244.1010 to schedule your appointment! Keep in mind that during your consultation we will talk about realistic expectations based on your individual skin and needs, and that each patient is different. We look forward to helping you glow for your next event, big or small!
Leave a Reply