Finally, a solution for reducing pigment on the skin in one treatment! Q Med Spa offers a variety of chemical peels designed to treat acne, general aging, and overall skin rejuvenation. And now we are excited to offer PCA Skin’s pigment correct peel!
How Does the Pigment Peel Work?
This chemical peel is tailored specifically for treating and correcting visible hyperpigmentation on the skin. Visible pigmentation is lifted while the tyrosinase enzyme is inhibited to prevent the over-production of new melanin. Say goodbye to those brown spots!
The pigment peel is an in-office professional peel. After just one treatment, it delivers up to 17% reduction in visible hyperpigmentation, with results seen as early as 1 week after treatment. Key ingredients include:
- Lactic, mandelic, and pyruvic: These exfoliate and lift existing visible hyperpigmentation while inhibiting melanin production.
- Tranexamic acid (TXA): An inhibitor, this helps prevent the formation of new visible hyperpigmentation, while also slowing down the production of melanin.
- Milk thistle extract: This anti-inflammatory botanical extract supports the skin barrier by reducing skin inflammation, which is the precursor to all visible hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation affects all skin types, and the best part is that this pigment peel is effective and safe for use on all skin tones!
Can I Enhance the Results At Home?
In addition, you can enhance your results and continue to treat and prevent hyperpigmentation with products at home.
- PCA’s Pigment Gel Pro: helps to fade the size and intensity of dark spots on the skin, while also helping to protect against the appearance of new spots. It is effective against UV and hormonally-induced visible hyperpigmentation, and results can be seen as early as 4 weeks.
- Sun Protection: proper sun protection must be worn every day to help reduce the production and appearance of new hyperpigmentation.
Is There Downtime After a Pigment Peel?
There is no downtime after a pigment peel, but following the at-home care is essential for best results.
If you struggle with hyperpigmentation, this pigment peel might be a great first step on your skincare journey! Call 585.244.1010 today to schedule a personal consultation to find out if the pigment peel is right for you.