-by Rachel Marino Noto, RN, LE
Pregnancy comes with many exciting and unknown feelings. And re-imagining your skincare routine may be one change, as you still want to take care of yourself but also be mindful of healthy, safe products for baby. Here at Q the Medical Spa, we have many skincare options available that are pregnancy safe, so you can continue to use them during your pregnancy journey, as well as some services you can receive, and some tips on what to avoid in your products.
What Services Can I Get?
Skin Analysis: A Licensed Esthetician will analyze your skin using our VISIA machine as well as go over your current routine and concerns. We can then develop a safe and effective skincare routine for you to follow through your pregnancy.
Microdermabrasion: This exfoliating and resurfacing treatment is great for refreshing the skin and allowing new skin cells to grow closer to the surface so that product penetration is most optimal. You will leave with smooth, exfoliated skin.
Dermaplaning: This treatment uses an exfoliating blade to skim dead skin cells and hair from the face to create a smooth, youthful and radiant surface.
Consults: A consult can be booked for any concern you might have, as this is a good time to gather information and prepare for treatments after baby. Many of our procedures are also contraindicated during nursing, so depending on the treatment desired, you may need to plan it for after you are finished breastfeeding.
What Ingredients Should I Avoid?
The following ingredients are common in skincare products but should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Retinol/Vitamin A derivatives: Can lead to dangerous birth defects
- Salicylic Acid/Willow Bark: When used orally, it has shown to lead to birth defects, so caution is advised when using topically
- Chemical Sunscreens: Can contain possible hormone disruptors which can interfere with baby’s nervous system
- Hydroquinone: Is a Class C drug, meaning that it is easily absorbed into the bloodstream and can affect baby
What Products Are Safe?
We carry many different skincare lines depending on your skin type and concerns. Below are the specific lines we carry at Q Med Spa as well as which products are safe for use during pregnancy and nursing.
- Anti-Redness Serum
- C+E Advanced
- Collagen Hydrator
- Creamy Cleanser
- Daily Cleansing Bar
- Daily Exfoliant
- Hyaluronic Acid Booster Serum
- Hyaluronic Acid Lip Booster
- Hydrating Mask
- Hydrating Toner
- Detox Mask
- Ideal Complex Restoring Eye Cream
- Ideal Complex Revitalizing Eye Gel
- Nutrient Toner
- Peptide Lip Therapy
- Vitamin B3 Bright Serum
- Daily Shield Lotion Tinted SPF 50
- Enriched Body Cream
- Intense Defense Anti-Aging and Repair Serum
- Medical Barrier Cream
- Milky Lotion Cleanser
- Purifying Spot Gel Blemish Clearing Tx
- Teamine Eye
- DEJ Eye
- DEJ Face
- Intellishade Tru Physical
- C+ Correcting Complex
- Thermal Spring Water
- Soothing Lips
- Gentle Body Scrub
- Skin Care Oil
- Water Cream
- Nu-Derm Foaming Gel
- Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser
- Nu-Derm Toner
- Professional C-Serum 20%
- Hydrate Facial Moisturizer
- Tizo 3 Primer Sunscreen
- Tizo Sheer Botanicals Non-Tinted
- Tizo Sheer Foam Sunscreen
Our highly-qualified medical professionals and estheticians are always here to answer any questions you have during this exciting time. You can reach our spa at 585.244.1010 or by visiting QMedSpa.com. Any of these products can be purchased online through our website and shipped directly to you or purchased at one of our two locations.
*Please check with your OB-GYN before starting any new products or services.
Leave a Reply