-By Julie A. Chatt, FNP
We are entering into cold weather in Rochester, which means dry air in our homes, cars and workplace as we strive to keep warm! Often this is the time that our lips become drier, cracked, and well…not too appealing!
This is a perfect time to come in for a hyaluronic acid (HA) lip injection. We have a variety of HA products that can add gentle to voluptuous volume. We offer Volbella®, Restylane®, Restylane® Kysse and Juvéderm® to name a few. It’s important to know that you don’t need to have a huge increase in size, but that HA fillers can help the texture and hydration of the lips as well. A natural look with just gentle augmentation is often the preferred choice for many women who have lip injections.
One unexpected perk of COVID is that you are wearing a mask out in public, so if you bruise, which you could, or have some swelling after your lip injection, it is easy to hide! This makes it an ideal time for you to improve the beauty of your lips.
Tips to keep your lips looking great
- Staying hydrated is one of the most important things when it comes to healthy lips.
- Apply a lip balm each day with SPF to protect against UVA damage.
- Make sure you use a heavy or hydrating lip cream before you sleep.
- Try to avoid licking your lips (which can dehydrate the lips) and avoid touching them (it brings contaminates from your hands to your lips).
- A gentle scrub to your lips with a washcloth during your shower or sugar scrub will remove dead skin cells from your lips, and can be done 2 to 3 times per week.
- Using a waxy lip liner to outline lips will help contain your lipstick within the line.
- Lipstick formulas like Jane Iredale feature natural oils and waxes with lip health in mind, keeping them hydrated and protected.
- PCA Peptide Lip Therapy will soften and hydrate lips.
- To volumize lips, you can use formulas like Grande Lips which will enhance the color and increase the size of lips.
- Hyaluronic acid lip boosters, such as PCA Lip Booster, will soften lips and help fill lip lines.
- In the winter, cover your lips/mouth area with a scarf to protect against the harsh cold.
For more information, to schedule an injectable appointment, or to purchase any of the products mentioned above, please call a Spa Coordinator at 585.244.1010.